12.30.2011

Perfect New Year's Party with My Notting Hill


Having lived in London, the title of Michele's blog grabbed my attention when I found it a few years ago. MY NOTTING HILL quickly became one of my daily reads. I encourage you hop over and check it out - you will love her style! 


Michele was kind enough to join us over the holidays and share some entertaining tips just in time for New Year's! 


Favorite Cocktail for Ringing in the New Year
A bourbon and gingerale with cherries, made from Baby Bourbon Whiskey from New York's Tuthilltown. The bottles are adorable too!





Favorite Recipes When You Entertain 
Michele's husband is the cook, but she does love serving Bittersweet Chocolate Lava Cakes with a Pomegranate Compote. CAKE RECIPE   COMPOTE RECIPE


Best New Year's Eve Party You've Attended 
While in college at a friend's house. My favorite New Year's Eve parties have always been at someone else's home! HERE is a great source of last minute party ideas, cocktails and recipes.


New Year's Eve Outfit 
A dressy sleeveless top like this ONE from Ralph Lauren


With a pair of wide leg pants and earrings like these from KAREN SUGARMAN DESIGNS


Any Resolutions You Care to Share?
Finish existing projects before starting new ones! Try not to jump to conclusions.  Read more works of fiction. 





Images: Grant Gibson Blog, Recipe Bridge

6 comments:

  1. Kate - Thanks for having me guest post. Love the pic you used for the New Year's resolutions. I'm happy to report I just read Asa Larsson's newest novel. Although I read it at the close of 2011, I'm including it as one of my 2012 resolution partial accomplishments. Hope this finds you well and very best wishes for a Happy 2012!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele-
    These are great ideas. Can't wait to try cherries in my already favorite drink!
    Happy New Year.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope one day that we will all meet at a blog party sharing ideas in person and meeting one another in 2012. Love Michele and all the fantastic inspiration she shares and the energy she embibes. I had the pleasure of meeting Michele and she is a delight! :)
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cocktails look so festive.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cocktail and lava cake do it for me!! And so agree about finishing projects before taking new ones on, boy can I relate! Adding it to my long list of to do's for 2012!
    Happy New Year to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, Kate! I'm catching up after going offline for a week. Michele has great taste and I love all these ideas. Those bourbon bottles are adorable and the drink sounds like one i need to add to my rotation!

    All the best in this new year!!
    xoxo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete