11.19.2012

Game On Turkey!


One of the many perks of having your mum be a top event planner is that she hosts the holidays - including Thanksgiving. I will bring the cocktail nibbles. But since I also love to cook and entertain I have been thinking of some recipes I would try if I were cooking.

Nothing is more important than a succulent turkey. I love this recipe for a roast turkey brined with salt, apple cider, rosemary, garlic, brown sugar and oranges. Yu-um! RECIPE


Cranberry Relish - one of my favorites RECIPE


I could easily skip everything else and just have a plate of stuffing. Is there anything better? I would love to try this Three Mushroom Stuffing with Prosciutto RECIPE


For dessert a Bourbon Pecan Pie RECIPE with fresh whipped cream.


And I always serve champagne with dessert. Perfect to toast for everything you are thankful for...


Happy Thanksgiving and I will be back on Friday as I turn the page to Christmas.


Photos: Dwell, Pinterest, Blogs Babble, Bon Appetit, Desert Candy, My Design Chic

7 comments:

  1. I'm sure Thanksgiving at your mom's house is a special treat! I'll be cooking my usual fare for our little mini crew of 6 this year. Wishing you a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum--I'm bringing your boozy olives this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I start with that pie...OMG! Yum..that mushroom dish looks quite yummy too. I bet Thanksgiving in your home is not only delicious but beautiful too! Enjoy and gobble gobble!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum! This is the perfect Thanksgiving dinner and the photos are heavenly! Happy Thanksgiving!
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate,
    I love the idea of gathering with family, but am taking the easy route this year and we are doing dinner out! I know...kind of odd from me (never done this before), but it just felt right this year. With my mom here, I'm cooking at home most nights and just want to enjoy the together portion and not the clean up portion.

    As far as dessert....champagne is a must! Cheers to a wonderful Thanksgiving. Let's roll right on into the holidays!
    xoxo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be sure to take photos of your moms awesome table set up and food, I'm sure it will be magazine worthy! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete