12.01.2010

Hip Holiday Hostess Gifts under $50


Many of my friends ask for gift ideas, so I thought I would pull together a list and share it with all of you. If you are a guest at a party over the holidays, you really should bring something to leave under the tree. (These are also great gifts for your pals.) Everything is under $50. 


I realize that $30 for a candle feels a bit decadent, but this is simply the best holiday candle ever. No joke - you and your friends will swoon. It is worth the splurge for your own home, too!  NEST CANDLES

Dixie's signature gift to favorite folks is a box of RAIN SOAPS. How about sending an assortment after being a guest with your thanks? The product and the packaging are exquisite and the soaps are simply the best I have ever tried. Fabulous. Each bar is $10. 




I am still old school and do needlepoint gifts for family and friends, but it takes forever! I love these keychains (have gotten a few as gifts) and they make a great gift. Who doesn't have a set of keys that need an upgrade? SMATHERS AND BRANSON

Who wouldn't enjoy a new mouse pad for their office? This fun version can be done with any monogram. Find one HERE



A set or two of these fun matches from IOMOI. Love them!




How about these cermaic trays from Sue's (The Zhush Blog) new company? They would be a fun gift that would be perfect for someone's desk or bedside table. THE ZHUSH




Classic lavendar drawer sachets get a hip update with these POSTCARD choices

How charming are these vintage gift tags? I love the classic style and anyone would love a set or two! Find them HERE



Champagne gets a bit played out over the holidays (not that I don't love bubbly). How about mixing it up with a bottle of great red (two of my faves below) along with a set of 8 red wine glasses from COST PLUS?





Or a STAG BOTTLE topper with a bottle of wine? So festive for the holidays! 



J.K. ADAMS in VT makes the best cutting boards. How fun is this tree? It would be a great gift and can be used for cutting and also serving hors d'oeuvres.



A copy of Gordon Ramsey's COOKING FOR FRIENDS would be a hit with any hostess



Decadent hot chocolate and hand made marshmallows from WILLIAMS SONOMA. Yum! This can be beautifully packaged together in a cellophane bag with a beautiful ribbon. 


Top Image: Martha Stewart

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks so much! Loving all these ideas and thrilled to be named amongst them! Off to check out that Mouse Pad...thanks again! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny - I just bought that fab Nest candle today. One for my house - you're right, it smells amazing and another for a gift.

    We're giving a bottle of wine to neighbors that bears the name of our shared street - tying on a stag bottle stopper (deer are seen in our neck of the woods all the time) would make it perfect!

    Great ideas, Kate!
    xo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to smile about your needlepoint key chains - I've been working on a bean bag frog for so long that I've almost given up! Love that you could find such stylish offerings and all for under $50.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great ideas! Would love to find any of them under my tree. The crowned mouse pad and key chains made me smile! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful ideas. I love Sue's trays from The Zhush!!

    I have a $200 Giveaway from Fifi Flowers!
    Do come and enter!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas, I have to check some of them out!!Kathysue

    ReplyDelete