12.15.2010

Party Details: Holiday Dinner with Modern Style


Every year I host an annual holiday dinner for my closest friends. This year I wanted a fresh, modern holiday look.  The color theme: green, white and silver. I arranged flowers in a REVERE bowl with berries and rosemary to add interest and texture along with roses, freesia and lilies. 




The tablecloth was made with Dwell Fabric I found on sale at FABRIC.COM


My favorite addition to the table are the bucks. Love them! I made collars out of boxwood from my mantle for an extra pop.




The place card holders I made with a glue gun and assorted Christmas balls.


The final touches: silver chargers, silver napkin rings and silver tapers. And the table was complete!



The menu: 
Assorted Cheeses and Crackers with Fig Jam 
Red and White Wines
Pork Loin with Chunky Apple Walnut Sauce RECIPE
Grantineed Acorn Squash from PRETTY PINK TULIPS
Arugula Salad
Gingerbread topped with Caramel Sauce, Ice Cream and Candied Pecans from LA DOLFINA 
Champagne (I always serve bubbly with dessert)

6 comments:

  1. Now... do you hear me clapping all the way from Connecticut? Would so love to be a guest at your holiday party and enjoy such beauty first hand! Can we just say GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Right now my table is set with red, white and silver. Going to remember your placecard idea! xo Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh. Ahhhhhhh. Amazing! Those bucks are just beyond! I hope we will see them again! And, how smart to have your tablecloth made - I think that's the way to go after seeing what you and Eddie do!

    I'm sure your friends felt like rock stars. You certainly pulled out the "green" carpet for them!

    Love that you included the squash!
    xoxo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. I just posted on the giveaway book & this table setting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This so beautiful! Love the fresh modern feel.

    ReplyDelete