For the last guest in the "9 in the New Year" series, I am delighted to have Barbara from HAMPTON HOSTESS. She has a flawless eye and loves to entertain at her home in Southampton, so I knew her top picks would be top notch!
1. Invitations - Don't you love receiving a pretty invitation in the mail? If you are having more than 8 for dinner, send out an invitation. Barbara's favorite? THE PRINTERY in Oyster Bay has note cards that are luxurious, chic and stylish.
2. Flowers - For instant drama, arrange beautiful white orchids in small vases and arrange them around the table. Add votives and voila!
3. Individual Salt and Pepper Cellars - Natural elements add drama to your table. Barbara places small shells with salt and pepper at each setting. You can order a set HERE.
4. Rose Wine - DOMAINES OTT is light, delicious and beautifully pink.
5. Jewelry For The Table - RABLABS BRAZILIAN AGATE serving plate is stunning. Cheese and crackers never looked so good!
6. Playlist - Set the mood for the evening with hip, Parisian lounge music from HOTEL COSTES.
7. You Wear It Well - Something chic and comfortable like Calypso's Ikat CAFTAN DRESS is party perfect.
8. Simply Delicious - CHICKEN TAGINE looks like you slaved all day, but the delicious dish is really a one pot wonder.
9.Bite Size Dessert - Serve mini BROWNIES and small CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES for dessert-everyone loves a little sweet!
Top Image: Carolyn Roehm