A warm welcome to my next guest in the Five for Fall Series - Allison from SPICER AND BANK. Allison is an interior designer who loves all things art, architecture, and vintage decor! Spicer and Bank are her grandmothers' maiden names. After getting a masters in the history of decorative arts and working at high end design firms in NYC, she now lives in Singapore with her husband.
1. A yummy fall cocktail! Have one special drink all mixed and ready when friends arrive. This FALL PUNCH with apple cider and whiskey is so festive.
2. Spruce up your dining chairs with THROW PILLOWS. Adding a small throw pillow to each chair is a great way to bring in extra pattern and color and make the space special. Plus it's so comfy and welcoming and encourages everyone to linger and talk.
3. A CHEESE PLATE A cheese plate looks fantastic and is so easy to assemble. Add fall inspired items like dried cranberries or nuts. Plus everyone loves cheese and it's great they can just help themselves!
4. Simple and natural FLOWERS. Make one casual, but lush vase of wild flowers and let the blooms spill over the sides - fall is the season of harvest and abundance after all!
5. Unexpected little FAVORS! Instead of tall pillar candles or hurricanes which can be hard to talk over, use lots of low votives scattered across the table. Plus, you can find inexpensive ones, like these from West Elm, and send each friend home with one as a little gift (or keep them for yourself since they are so pretty!)
Top Image: Tiny White Daisies