With the arrival of summer, it is time to end 6 For Spring and my last guest is Stacey from QUINTESSENCE. Her blog is one of my daily reads and once you check it out, you will know why!
1. Hurricanes The glow of candles as the sun sets is is perfect for a party. With hurricanes the wind won't dull the light.
Check out THESE from Williams Sonoma which come in two sizes
Or for a more dramatic effect, DUNES AND DUCHESS has some options that pop!
2. Potted flowers and plants Rather than cut flowers, use planted containers - smaller ones for the table and larger around the terrace and on sitting walls.
3. Summer Sip Try CAMPARI or LILLET BLANC on the rocks or with soda and a slice a slice of orange. Also delicious when mixed with a dash of orange juice!
4. A Summer Salad Cucumber Salad from Nigella Lawson is a great accompaniment with grilled steak, chicken, ribs or dish. It is so easy and refreshing.
SWEET AND SOUR DILLED CUCUMBER SALAD
Time: 10 minutes, plus chilling
2 medium or 1 1/2 large seedless cucumbers
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon salt, or as needed
1/4 cup finely chopped dill.
1. Peel and finely slice cucumbers into wafer-thin circles. Place in a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together sugar, vinegar and salt. Pour over cucumbers, and turn them well to mix. Add dill, mix again and adjust salt to taste. Spread in a shallow serving dish. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until chilled, up to 4 hours.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings.
5. The Perfect Outfit Stacey's summer uniform is white jeans paired with a great top and heels or flats, depending on the occasion.
One favorite is this Marni top from JULIANNE'S
Or this fabulous J. CREW sequin tank for a dressier party
6. Croquet, Anyone? Sometimes it's fun to have a themed party. Stacey's favorite is a croquet dinner party. Since there are 6 colors on the stick, invite 5 other couples, each assigned to wear the color of their ball and mallet. Mix in a few cocktails and it gets quite amusing! Find a set HERE