6.28.2011

Red White and Blue Desserts


With the 4th just a few days away, here are some patriotic dessert ideas. To me the 4th means classic American fare and all of these recipes from Real Simple fit the bill! BERRY SHORTCAKE pictured above.

A BLUEBERRY TART - I think I may need to make this for a future summer dinner party.
      

A summer classic - STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE 
                            

George Washington would certainly be asking for a slice of this CHERRY PIE






Deliciously simple SUMMER BERRY PUDDING



Kids will love this STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM CAKE

4 comments:

  1. How yummy and fun - I break out the apron and make berry cheesecake for the 4th!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is making me so very hungry!! Love them all but really love the blueberry cobbler, sooo pretty and I am sure with blueberries being so good right now..this must be equally tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fruit desserts are my absolute favorites!! Will probably be making strawberry shortcake if any of the kids are home!!

    ReplyDelete