1.11.2012

Dazzling Diana


Last year I attended an intimate lecture at the Museum of Fine Arts with Mario Testino. This world famous photographer talked about many of his famous clients, but especially Princess Diana. His photos of her were the last formal shots taken before she was tragically killed 5 months later.


Testino's images were used in the exhibit on Princess Diana that I saw last weekend. It is on loan from the Althorp Estate (the Spencer family’s 500-year-old home). The show had pieces ranging from Diana’s royal wedding gown and 28 of her designer dresses to personal mementoes and rare home movies. It was beautifully done (though we had to wait 3.5 hours in line to get in - it was brutal. Luckily a night in Newport following the exhibit made the weekend worth it.)



Since I spent much of the weekend focused across the pond, I got to thinking where would I host an event in London? For me it would be at the CONNAUGHT - hands down.


Whether a large gathering or intimate affair, this would be the ideal setting.








With flowers by the incredibly talented JANE PACKER






Cheers!


8 comments:

  1. An absolutely beautiful post! I was and am fascinated with Princess Diana.. such a natural beauty and a truly beautiful person inside and out!
    I pinned 2 of your floral photos on interest - they are gorgeous!!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love all of the beautiful rooms with candlelight and flowers.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great post on one of my all time favorite people...whata beautiful person inside and out she was.
    And your party over at The Connaught? I am so there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She was stunning! I think she would be proud of her son for the bride he chose. Hope you're having a grand evening. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still feel so sad when I see her gorgeous face...those florals are simply outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful. I was saddened to see Diana's beautiful photos knowing she has left this earth...what a tragedy.

    I've never been to the Connaught but London is one of my favorite cities and I've put that on my "list".

    The flowers are amazing.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved it all but the asparagus in the flowers. Purist here with my fleurs...
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you to see that Princess Di exhibit. And the one before with Mario. You do the coolest things!

    And, I'm wishing you for an occasion that can be celebrated in London with flowers by Jane Packer. Breathtaking!
    xo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete