My next guest in the series is Melissa from VERANDA INTERIORS. She is a hip and stylish interior designer based in Calgary. Her blog is full of great decorating ideas and you can follow the construction progress of her new home. It is one of my daily reads!
With warmer weather around the corner (let's hope!), Melissa's items are for an outdoor fete.
1. Well Stocked Bar With a BEVERAGE DISPENSER filled with water infused with cucumber or lemon slices and fresh cranberries tossed in for color. Or lemonade with fresh mint.
And a PARTY TUB filled with assorted beers and chilled vodka to mix with the lemonade.
2. MASON JARS can be used for floral arrangements, candle holders and even glasses for your drinks! You can pick them up at your grocery store, hardware store, or better yet, search local antique stores for different sizes, brands, and even colors.
3. Fabulous Platters Nothing looks better on a table than crisp WHITE TRAYS
Mixed in with burled WOOD PLATTERS.
4. Black Lava Salt Possibly the best secret ingredient for appetizers. It has a great soft smokey flavour, great crunch, and it looks beautiful. Try it on a flatbread with pesto, fresh mozzarella, arugula, and prosciutto. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil then sprinkle this salt for a surprise. You can buy it HERE.
5. Fresh Herb Infused Desert Try a strawberry gallete with basil whipped cream. It is light, fresh tasting and the basil in the whipped cream is a pleasant surprise that will impress your guests! RECIPE
6. A Scarf The perfect accessory for when the sun goes down and the evening chill arrives. YARNZ is a favorite of Melissa's since a dear friend gave her one for her birthday.